weightloss ticker

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Friday, March 25, 2011

Mini Goal Report 3!

This morning's weigh in had me doing a little dance in the bathroom (where I keep my scale)! I lost 1 whole pound from Wednesday's weigh in! That is the first time I have lost that much, and had a loss at the previous weigh in. Every other time I've had a slight gain the WI before, and then a big loss. This time I got a small loss, 0.4 lbs, and then a big loss 1.0 lbs! It feels good to know that all my efforts are making a difference in my life, and I'm making progress towards my goal. I've lost a full 14 pounds in 8 weeks! This mini goal will have me with 36.8 pounds gone forever in 18 weeks. I just don't think it gets much better than that!

This morning I got up and tried the 10 Minute solution Kick box bootcamp workout. I got through the basic training, which was only the first ten minutes. I was pretty winded at that point, so I did not continue. But hopefully I will be vastly improving in my fitness over the next few weeks. Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred is on it's way to me from netflix right now. I'm really looking forward to doing it. I'll be honest and say I am a little intimidated, I've heard that it is really hard, and it will take me awhile to get the hang of it. Mostly due to the fact that my coordination at 7 something am is not too good. This morning I stubbled through a few parts, but I made the effort and I didn't get annoyed and quit at the first sign of klumsiness. Which has been my tendency with workout videos in the past.

Over the weekend I plan to walk the dog, or at least play with the dog outside. I have grocery shopping to do. And I am also starting my 2 day detox on Saturday morning! I'm really looking forward to my WI on Monday, where my target weight will be 200.0 lbs. I would love to exceed that, but will be happy if I'm just able to meet it.

Yesterday a friend who is aware of my efforts at losing weight, called me skinny girl. I was speechless, no one has ever used those words to describe me in my life. NEVER! It made me realize just how big of a difference 14 pounds has made in my appearance and how I feel about myself. I'm not quite at the point where I'm comfortable moving down a dress size, mostly because of how tight my current size was before I started losing weight. I think in the next 10 lbs or so all the clothes that I've been hanging on to, but have avoided trying on will be pulled out. And much of what I am wearing now will be removed from my wardrobe.

I've been looking back over the last few days and remembering how I used to look. When I was 175 lbs I still thought I was unbelievably fat, but I felt a lot better about myself because I knew I'd lost 25 lbs. I knew I looked better, but I didn't appreciate how much better. I think of when I was in the 180's and the 190's and I hated it, I was so disgusted with myself and now I can't wait to see what my 190's and then 180's body looks like. Until my 12th grade year I had not been on a scale since I was in the 6th grade. So in all that time I have no idea what I weighed when, and I know my body image was very skewed. That makes it really tough for me to visualise what I will be like at 170, 160, 150 and so on, until I reach my goal. I do know one thing, I want lean and firm muscles. And not just lean and firm abs, although that one might be the biggest challenge. But lean and firm thighs, butt, and arms. I want that general flabby feeling to be exercised out of this body.

I have a huge pet peeve, it's this statement. "weight is just a number." Who came up with something so incredibly wish washy and unhelpful a statement as that? It's an excuse only! It basically says,"don't worry about your weight, feel good about yourself no matter how you look or how healthy you are." Now who would actually come out and say that? Because we all know that how we feel about ourselves is directly connected to what we percieve our appearance to be. How we feel is directly connected to our health, it's hard to be positive and enjoy life if you have no energy or are facing heart disease, diabetes, joint break down, etc. Weight has a direct coorellation to our health, our self-image and body-image. Not to say that making our weight ideal will resolve all health issues, or all self/body image issues. But I do believe, that for the most part it makes it easier. The other key ingredient in feeling good about ourselves and being healthy is having the ability to be real and honest with ourselves without beating ourselves up, or being deraugatory. My weight was a lot easier to face when I started being honest with myself, at that point I was released from shame and embarassment. And I could just accept myself wherever I am in my life.

Stats time!
Mini goal week 2
Lost: 2.8 lbs so far
Left to Goal: 22.8
9 weeks left

Ultimate goal week 8
Lost: 14 lbs
Left to Goal:56.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment