weightloss ticker

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Anniversary

Today is a special day in my life. Firstly it is the my sister Michelle's birthday! I want to say a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her, I miss her very much, we live way too far apart.

Second, Mar 22nd is the first day that my husband let me know how he felt about me. That was three years ago, after talking all night long. I wanted to get off the call, and let him go to sleep. He said,"No, I'll miss you too much."  So much for us being "just friends" lol.

Thirdly, and most appropriately for this post, the one year anniversary since I set out on my weight loss journey. Wow! I realized that a little while ago, and it shocked me. At times it has felt like it dragged on and on, and I would never make any progress. But the time has also flown by. So much has happened in my life, and in my journey. At first I did my best to sift through the information about weight loss on the internet, what do the experts say? I put together the best program I could possibly manage by myself, and without guidance to know what was complete bunk.
I started out with a food journal, I counted my calories and measured my servings with gusto for several months. I exercised with enthusiasm, and I saw myself improve. I still ate things that weren't too good for me, I tried for the healthier alternative to really unhealthy food choices. I succeeded from March until the beginning of June. In June I hit a road block, I ran out of B.C. and started to not feel too well. It was also the one year anniversary of some very difficult trials in my life. I just really struggled, and essentially gave up many of the good habits I had started developing. I slowly gained back the weight I had lost.

Around September I started to put in more effort, I worked hard, but I just didn't quite manage it. I bounced around with the same 3-5 pounds and I just couldn't break through. I gave up yet again. Up until the middle on February I gained all the way back to 215. I was very upset, and very unhappy with how I felt and looked. To put it bluntly I felt so completely unattractive that I could hardly stand to get out of bed in the morning.

In December a friend shared their struggle with weight loss, and how they felt about it. They also shared what they were doing. They had replaced breakfast and lunch with a protein bar, then ate whatever they wanted and dinner, and on weekends. It was working. I decided to give it a shot, at first I lost a little maybe 3 pounds. Then I started gain, and fast! I just could not stop being starving, I mean so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the rider! My grandma used to say that lol.

In February I got the email from Tiffany, and she put my in touch with Jae. I am truely grateful for that event in my life. If I hadn't met Jae I really think I would have given up. I was having such a hard time losing even the smallest amount of weight. The program that Jae helped me get on, and is helping me follow has changed everything about this journey. It's especially changed the way I look at my body, and my health. And it has really changed the way I look at food.

You could say I've come full circle and then some! This time last year I was motivated, I was so determined and excited to change. I also thought that I would just make it work for me, and it would keep working for me, and I would never let myself quit or slip up. Boy, was I wrong. But I'm definitely stronger for the experience, the frustration, the successes, and the disappointments. I know this will be an up and down road, there will be plenty of bumps. What matters the most is how I handle the bumps. Do I reach for a spoon and bucket of ice cream, or do I continue with my routine. The healthy foods that I enjoy.

The number one tip I read about and thought was complete idiocy that I use now. Drink more water. I drink before I eat, I drink water while eating, I drink water after I eat. I drink water when I feel bored, and normally would have snacked. Only after I drink more water, and still feel hungry do I get a snack. And then I make every effort to stay within my daily serving plan. I LOVE carrots lol, it's my favorite snack food.

I'm beginning to get compliments about the weight I have lost. My sister in law saw me the other day, and she said,"Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" Wow that made me feel great! Everyone else in my life I see so often that it's harder to notice.

So Cheers to this last year and all I've learned!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are definitely a motivation to me Lynae! Seriously! I have let myself go. I have never been this heavy in my life. I am very close to where you are at now, but just reading how you've struggled and the things you do instead of eating is so helpful to getting myself on the right track. I grab the spoon and the bucket of icecream without even thinking. I am just eating for the pleasure of it but in the end I am just hurting myself emotionally and physically. I haven't really tried exercising for over 6 months and I used to just jog in Raymond, but now living in the States I don't trust the area to go for a jog by myself. So reading your blog is very encouraging and maybe I'll make a blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, it's really easy to get caught up in life and just let things go. You get busy with work, family, friends and you forget about yourself. I know I forgot about my body having needs, which of course I have learned is a really bad thing. Your body's well-being is just too connected to your mind and emotional well-being to neglect. But don't beat yourself up, just be honest and real with yourself and go on from here. I would love to help support you as you decide to make changes. If you have any questions definitely let me know. We're really all in this together! I strongly recommend any of the Jillian Michaels dvd's! I'm still sore from Tuesday, but it is showing me just how neglected my body has become. You have the power girl!

    ReplyDelete