weightloss ticker

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Past IS the PAST

Last March I had a whole lot of steam, I was REALLY pumped and motivated! I tracked my weight, I kept a food journal every single day. I was really excited and I worked hard. I was exercising regularly and had lots of goals. However, it consumed me, all my energy, thoughts, everything I did was based around my "plan". Then my life changed, my days were no longer without demand, and I started slipping, I let some things go, and I started back into old ways.

I've gained back all that I lost plus another 2.2 pounds. I got discouraged, down on myself, and I adopted some really bad habits. But that is the past! And it is over! Little Debbie's Buh-Bye! I do not need you! Wow that feels good, to not crave all that sweetness, to not desire the calories and fat, it's liberating!

My husband is fantastic, he encouraged me to put my goals back up where I can see them. That it would help me. He's been very supportive and loving. Through gains and losses he has been there for me. I've done some more thinking, reading, asking questions, and searching my own heart and mind.
I asked myself
"Do I really want to lose weight?"
"Am I willing to change my habits and choices?"
"How long do I want to live?"
"What quality of life do I want?"

Those are big questions, and important ones. Does my weight affect my quality of life, absolutely. Does it affect my health, definitely. Is it more than a want, do I NEED to change? YES!
How do I do it? By being healthy, eating healthy, exercising healthy, having healthy habits. Caring enough about myself to go to the extra effort of cooking at home instead of ordering pizza, to meal plan instead of throwing together what is easy. To balance my food choices and my portions. To sacrifice nearly 2 hours of sleep every morning to be able to get up and exercise. All that sounds to me like a lot, and it will be hard, but it will be so worth it! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment