weightloss ticker

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Healthy! I like it!

You know, I found out this last week I like eating healthy food. I enjoy salad, I love stir-fry, soup is a treat full of veggies with some lean meat. I just can't believe how much I'm liking my new ways. I can admit that over Christmas I indulged in some dessert, and I have had some cravings for sweets since then. But a decent substitute are quaker mini rice cakes, in all kinds of flavors. Or my fruit bars made with real fruit, no added sugar, and only 45 calories. Sherbet is also a fantastic sweet and cool treat, the other thing I love about it is I CAN'T over indulge with it. Because by the time I finish my one serving, I am finished, I don't want anymore. It's not something I can eat a lot of, unlike ice cream.

Last night I made General Tso chicken, I got the kit. My plan was to grill some chicken tenderloin for myself, and give the breaded chicken to my husband. There was so little chicken in the packet I had to make extra chicken for him too! I was a little peeved, mostly because of what I paid for the kit. But the veggies were great. He hates veggies, so I took out his chicken before mixing my meat and the veggies. It was a satisfying dinner.

I also managed my water goal for yesterday! All 64 oz! Super excited. However, I highly recommend not drinking 20 oz 30 min before going to bed. Bad IDEA! I ended up waking up approx 5-6 times in the night to use the facilities. So while I am kind of tired, I really feel good about myself that I accomplished that. It is really hard for me. Some of it is just being committed, and some of it is phsychological. For years I had problems with stomach ulcers and drinking water used to make me very nauseated, so I could only sip a little at a time. To make myself drink enough now is a matter of committing to forming the habit. I see myself today as one step closer!

I have had times in my life when I lost weight, 10 lbs, 25 lbs, even 30 lbs. I think the reason I was never able to lose more, or keep it off is because I didn't make healthy living a routine. Something that was part of my life required increased physical activity, I had a short period where I craved healthy things etc. But I never had a plan, I never had a schedule or goals. I just kind of went with the flow. So when the flow changed from walking 1-3 hours per day to riding the bus for most of that time I did not compensate for lost exercise. My jeans just got tighter and I stopped wearing my medium shirts. Things like that. Now I want to have a healthy routine and schedule that will continue for the rest of my life. And when the other demands of my life change I want to know how to adapt my routine to fit. It is Important to me! Exercise is important to me, healthy eating is important to me! It's all about priorities.

I'm loving making myself a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment