weightloss ticker

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

mm mm mm Doritos!

Over the last couple of weeks I have had some successes, but I've hit some challenges as well.

Success:
This week I had a loss of 1.8lbs on the scale, I'm back to 214lb.
I'm feeling good, and I've gotten back in the habit of drinking all my water.
I am eating pretty healthy meals, while still apeasing my hubby's preferences. I am opting to put my chicken fingers in the oven instead of in the fry daddy. Or my chicken quesadillas in the oven instead of a skillet with oil. I did not eat a French Bread Pizza with him last night.

The measurements of my waist has gone down. My arms went up, not sure how the worked out but it did.

Here's the one I am most excited about! I mentioned previously buying a belt, well about a week ago I bought a pair of size 16 Levi's. I put the belt in them last week and instead of the second hole, I found the 4th! I am so excited to be using the 4th hole in my belt instead of the second!

Now for my Challenges.
Bingeing. That's a word I don't like to think about, and haven't really admitted to either. On Sunday I arrived home from church, I was hungry. I had and orange, and a couple of other healthy choices. Then my husbands food was ready, a plate of cocktail weenies, and some fritos with cheese dip. I ate 3 bowls of chips, one of doritos and two of fritos. I enjoyed both spinach dip, and salsa.

A little background, I got married to an American, and we decided that we needed to live where he is from in Alabama. We have suffered through immigration proceedings, waiting, paying fees, and further stress for nearly two years now. It's exhausting, and the stress is unbelievable. I feel like these strangers have my life, my marriage, and my future all in their hands. That said, yesterday I got an email from the National Visa Center, that is currently handling our petition asking for me to file another form. Which in turn requires me to file my husbands taxes for 2010. I was very stressed because our important papers were not filed. I knew there was just a pile on a shelf in the closet I would have to sift through. I did end up getting all that sorted and filed. And I felt better for awhile, but then I started thinking about the ordeal of filing my husbands taxes in a few hours. I started for feel hungry and then a little shaky. So what snack did I reach for? Doritos, I'm honestly not sure how big of a serving I had, but I know it was way too much!

Last night while I worked on taxes from 6:30pm until nearly 11pm, including being on hold with the IRS for over an hour, I did not snack! I wanted to, but I resisted. I still don't think I made up for how I ate earlier, but I am trying.

My other challenge, I haven't been exercising in the morning. I want to, but I'm so tired, stressed, and in the mornings my body hurts. I got some yoga programs saved to my netflix, but I haven't tried them yet. I'm hoping to have a better handle on this in a few days. I'm still trying, I did walk for a little over a mile on saturday just because it was nice out.

3 comments:

  1. You're still doing great! One trick I use when I want to snack is to brush my teeth. It makes me not want to put anything in my mouth for at least a half hour. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good idea Lindsey! Thanks! I'm hoping my decision to start tracking my food again will help. It was successful before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be tough because it sounds like your husband is a bit of a snacker- don't worry if he keeps eating like that it will catch up to him. Your body can only be abused for so long till it gives in. Anyway, what I would suggest is that he have a cupboard or a bin with just his snacks, and only he gets in there. I almost need to invest in a locked cabinet-because my kids have snacks too and it is hard, but I just don't partake and I feel better in the long run. It is going to be a long haul, but you just take one day at a time and you will be blessed for your efforts. Healthy feels good!

    ReplyDelete