weightloss ticker

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Visualize!

So, what has been the hardest part about setting a weight loss goal?
Asking myself what weight I should be, how do I know? First I used google and searched ideal weight for my height. I got some scary numbers, like 110-125lbs, I thought "I give up right now!" That is impossible for me, I've never been that thin, and I Never will be! I stopped for awhile, then I searched again, on more reputable sites. Medical sites and the like. The range I found was more imaginable, barely, but enough that I could try. 120-145 lbs. Okay 145 pounds, I could try and aim for that.
The first thing I did was draw a big 145 and post it on my fridge. That helped, but I still couldn't imagine what I would look like at a weight that low. I tried to do some searches about weights and clothing sizes, but I didn't have much luck. It was sort of helpful, I got something like a medium or size 8-10 ish. But I still could not picture what my body would look like.
I have always been a little different as proportions go. When my Mother used to sew dresses of skirts for me they always needed alterations. Some places would be too tight while others too loose, all within this same "size".  It always frustrated me.
So I did some more googling, about weight loss and computer models etc. I found this website mvm.com (my virtual model). Of course it doesn't look exactly like me, but I was able to put in different specifications, including weight and see the difference between how I look now, and how I "will" look when I reach my goal.
I have printed those pictures and put them on my fridge, along with my Dec/Jan goals.
It's helping, and as I lose I can go make a new model and see the difference. It's a nice way to be able to visualize myself and my progress. Numbers, measurements, weigh in's, those are all fantastic and I love seeing those numbers improve. But the picture is just that extra step to helping me feel good about myself.
 Seeing that difference every day, how could I ever give up? Knowing how much healthier I will be, how much less my body will hurt, how much easier it will be to find clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment