weightloss ticker

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New plans and stress

My program has changed yet again! I now only weigh in once per week, on Friday mornings. Then on Friday I have a "cheat" day. I get to eat whatever I want to. At first this idea scared me a little, but I decided to trust my coach and give it a shot. Last Friday was my first "cheat"day, and I have not weighed in yet to find out the results. On Saturday and Sunday I will continue to do my detox which will really help me boost my fat burning.

This week has been crazy though, I spent 14+ hours at the hospital waiting room while my Father-In-Law had a triple by pass done. It was nerve wracking, but he did well! Of course we all know what hospital food is like, and the hours of waiting. I did bring a few things to snack on, whole grain muffins, sugar free candy, fruit. But our exploration of the cafeteria and food court was hugely disappointing. It was far too expensive. We ended up at pizza hut for dinner as it was a short walk away. I had a salad, 1 slice of pizza, 1 bread stick, and 1 scoop of pasta. WAY too much starch! But it is all that was available at the time. I am glad I did not over indulge. We did make an order for take out, my husband a p'zone and myself a chicken milano pasta. A couple of hours later I was hungry again and had a few bites. Most of it is now in my freezer waiting for lunch on Friday.

Unfortunately I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. And for me that is extremely sensitive to stress, and when stressed food. I was feeling fine until we saw my Father-In-Law at the Cardiac ICU for the first time. He was doing so good, still asleep. But he looked so much better. Thats when I started to relax and began to feel the affects of my stress. I didn't realize I had been so anxious. I knew he would be okay eventually, so I wasn't really scared. However, I did not know what that journey would look like, or what he would have to go through to get to the point of being okay. Step 1 was making it through surgery with no complications! I am happy to say that is complete! Step 2 is recovery in the hospital. Admittedly I still feel some anxiety over that, but I have faith we will have him home on Sunday. I'm sure I will deal with a little of my IBS then as well. Step 3 will be his long term recovery, which I am trying not to worry about.

To add to my stress last weekend my apartment flooded due to another tenants leaky hot water heater. We were unable to get the carpet dry enough and now it is moldy. I am really concerned about my husbands allergies while we are waiting to have it replaced. But we have a great landlord and I'm sure it will be done by the end of this week.

So, to make up for my IBS and the food I ate yesterday I am going on my detox, just for today. I am starting to feel better already. And I'm looking forward to weigh in on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment